A Wealth of Knowledge
I'm no Einstein, but I have learned a thing or two over the years. Organizing the facts and writing it all down helps me understand and remember everything better. Here's a few of the things I've learned, so far.
- 4x4 Glossary
- The words and terms I've been learning along the way.
- Maintenance Schedule
- The factory recommended maintenance schedule for Jeep TJs.
- Decoding the Body Code Plate
- How to read the Body Code Plate and VIN to determine the original engine, transmission, paint, and other options.
- Trail Ratings
- Trail ratings vary from state to state and from trail to trail but this is a good generalization of the ratings I have encountered.
- Speedometer Calculator For Larger Tires
- When I first upgraded to larger tires, I did not swap speedomter gears to adjust. I knew I would go bigger, eventually, and regear. This calculator shows how fast you am really driving with any size tires.
- Crawl Ratio Calculator
- When wheeling in the rock gardens, slower is better. A higher Crawl Ratio equates to a slower minimum speed.
- Tire / Gearing Chart
- This chart shows engine RPMs at 65MPH with various gears and tire sizes, making it easier to select the right gearing for your rig.
- Fluid Capacities
- Fluid capacities for the major systems.
- Gear Ratios
- Gear ratios for the driveline systems.