Maintenance, Mods, and Product Reviews
Jeeps are built not bought - Most Jeeps get a few modifications by an inspired owner. Sure, they're great right off the lot, but they get better with age and the addition of various mods and upgrades.
- Blower Motor Resistor
- Not exactly regular maintenance, but this is a common problem with TJ Wranglers heater fan. Is yours only working on high?
- Replacing Front Brake Pads
- Front brake pads are another fairly easy maintenance job that you can do yourself.
- Differential Fluid Change
- According to the maintenace schedule, you should drain and refill both axles every 12,000 miles. It's easy!
- Cheap Jeep Tricks
- On a budget? Here's some creative ideas that I've seen or done myself for little or no money.
- Simultaneous High Beams and Fog Lights
- 1997-2000 TJs - Get the factory fog lights to work with your high beams in less than 5 minutes.
- Hiding the EVAP Canister.
- 1997-2003 TJs - Move the EVAP canister and create some more room under the hood.
- Hand Throttle
- Make a hand throttle from bicycle parts.
- HalGuard Fire Extingusher & Mount - H3R Performance
- Clean agent technology in a fire extingusher that won't harm your paint and electronics
- On-Board Air - KilbyEnterprises
- Engine Driven On-Board Air from KilbyEnterprises - Air for tires, lockers and air tools.
- Axle Tube Seals - Alloy USA
- Keeping the dirt, mud and gunk out of your axle tubes.
- Torque Tube Headers - Banks Power
- Fixing the notorious TJ exhaust leak. Is this the best cure?
- Lower Control Arm Skids - Skid Row
- Bolt-On protection for your lower control arms up front.
- Engine Oil Pan Skid - nth Degree Mobility
- A simple solution for that delicate underbelly.
- Replacement Center Console - Tuffy
- The 1st edition of Tuffy's center console incuded a radio compartment.
- Rock-It Air Intate - Turbo City
- Forced to pull the stock airbox to make room for a Kilby engine driven OBA